Sterets® Tisept Sachets is a broad-spectrum antiseptic with detergent properties that are designed to clean and disinfect traumatic and surgical wounds and burns. It is also effective for swabbing during dressing changes.
Sterets Tisept Sachet contains chlorhexidine gluconate, an antimicrobial agent that is effective against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria that may be present on the skin 1. It also contains Cetrimide, a disinfectant with bactericidal properties that helps to cleanse the skin and wound.
The sterile, yellow-coloured aqueous solution is available in clear plastic sachets overwrapped in heat sealed pouches.
- Provides antimicrobial protection against a wide range of common organisms 1
- Helps to support hospital infection control protocols
- A sterile solution that supports the aseptic process
- Available in convenient single-use sachets of 25ml
- Yellow coloured for easy identification and to avoid misuse
When to use Sterets Tisept Sachets
Tisept provides simple and accessible sachets of topical cutaneous solutions for swabbing in obstetrics and during dressing changes. It is also effective for disinfecting and cleansing traumatic and surgical wounds and burns. Each sachet contains a ready-to-use sterile solution to form part of an effective wound management kit.
How to use Sterets Tisept Sachets
- Always read the package leaflet before use.
- Disinfect the outer surface of the plastic sachet before opening
- Tear open the sachet from the tear nick indicated
- Clean affected area or involved skin with an undiluted solution.
Sachets come as a pack of 25.